Saturday, November 26, 2011

the best things come from nothing

I am moderately obsessed with the Perry Mason book series by Erle Stanley Gardner, and also the television show by the same name, hence the name of my blog...Della Street being Perry's confidential secretary.  Unfortunately the books are out of print but I find them at my local library and the television show is off the air, after being shown by the local cable access channel for years and years, it has been replaced by Cheers, how sad, but fortunately the discs can be netflixed!  Anyways, my point being I am deeply engrossed in The Case of the Demure Defendant, and with the weather warming up it is so lovely to be able to sit outside and read.  I can not help but share a little blurb that I find so entertaining.  Perry Mason, a criminal defense attorney is being accused of planting evidence and his private detective (Paul Drake) is coming to him with the news..."Drake, his voice showing concern, said, 'Perry, you didn't, did you?' ' Didn't what?'  'Didn't plant that bottle?' 'Hells bells,' Mason said, 'do I look like a damn fool Paul?'"...Sorry I couldn't resist.
  And, in the aftermath of a holiday in which there is an expectation to consume large quantities of food, I find the shift dress to be a wise choice with an nice a comfy sweater to hide my extra curvy curves, as of late.

{Outfit Details}
Dress: asos
Sweater: Michael Kors
Tights: Target
Boots: Bamboo






No comments:

Post a Comment