Tuesday, September 27, 2011

the zoo keeper's daughter


I was just remembering today how when I was younger, from about ages six to thirteen I was so incredibly shy and modest I did not want to wear anything to draw attention to myself.  I refused to wear tank tops or anything that would show my shoulders, because I felt that was too provocative.  I also had and to a much lesser degree still have a strange aversion towards buttons.  Anyways, it is so strange to think of that and look at how now I'm posing next to my kitchen sink for my style blog.  CRAZY, the six year old me would've never have guessed it.  Anyways, I was so excited to blog about this outfit because I love the components of it so very much.  The dress by Audrey 3+1 and I absolutely love a good owl print, by far my favorite of all the quirky prints,  so I had to have it, also the cut is super flattering and it is just such a comfortable piece to wear.  The sweater is one of my favorite bargain hunting finds.  It is a plus size wrap sweater but I love it because over-sized sweaters are the perfect item for Fall and Winter AND I totally feel like an Olsen twin in it.  This ensemble paired with one of my favorite pairs of platforms, by Seychelles, which I've had for years and years and are super comfortable and have stood the test of time.  

{Outfit Details}
Sweater: Derek Heart
Dress: Audrey 3+1
Leggings: Apt. 9
Shoes: Seychelles
Necklace: Marida Jewelry






No comments:

Post a Comment