Monday, September 12, 2011

fading days

I happen to enjoy fall very much.  The cooler air and earlier sunsets lend to an air of mystery and romance.  I also imagine fall being a time of cracking and changing leaves and little gusts of air carrying the fallen detritus from trees' foliage, in magically, beautiful swirls, however I live in Southern California and there is very little difference between summer and fall, but a girl can dream. 
This outfit/post sort of plays off of the tension between the monotonous seasons of California.  I love three quarter sleeves, layers and coats, things I can make do with here but aren't necessities.  So I found this dress probably about a month ago at an H&M and immediately fell in love.  I love the retro feel of the silhouette and the versatility of the fabric.  This dress is so easy to wear, even with a sunny Sunday afternoon in my backyard, in the lingering days of summer.

{Outfit Details}
Dress: H&M
Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Belt: Simply Vera, Vera Wang
Shoes: Rafi



No comments:

Post a Comment