Friday, July 15, 2011

hours of happiness

After receiving a recommendation from Nancy of Dipped Nails I decided to venture over to 1321 Downtown Taproom Bistro for happy hour today.  I haven't been over to downtown Torrance in quite some time and I have to admit there doesn't seem like there is a whole lot to do there but I'm sure 1321 will draw me back again, as well as an Antique Street Fair every 4th Sunday.  Well getting back to the happy hour though, I was quite unaware of the large portions of the appetizers and I'm afraid I went a little over board.  We tried the Fire Fries(delicious) with the habanero sauce on the side (super spicy, by the by), the Pale Ale Mac and Cheese (kind of strange after taste), and the Tinga de Pollo (amazing).  For all this food, three cocktails and a soft drink out bill was only $28.44!  And, aside from the great prices and delicious food the restaurant/bar is a throwback to a classic 1940's American taproom with the waiters, bartenders and food-runners wearing vests, suspenders and page boy hats, and I do love a good throwback look.

 {Outfit Details}
Dress: Nordstrom
Sunglasses:Chloe
Sweater: Gap
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs




No comments:

Post a Comment