Friday, June 24, 2011

ladies of leisure

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of spending the day with a dear friend.  Our adventures began at the OC Fair Food Truck Round-Up that occurs every Thursday at the said location between the hours of 11 and 2.  It was everything I had hoped for and more.  And it is always nice to enjoy a Food Truck Round-Up with someone who doesn't judge me and my obsession with food and trying basically everything, a rather rare quality.  Anyways so our first stop was at the Dos Chinos truck, specializing in Asian Mexican Fusion, and it was TO DIE FOR.  We tried the:
 Hollywood Chicken Taco
Dos Chinos Carne Asada Burrito
and the Dos Chinos Fries with clarified garlic butter and cojita cheese.

Next we ventured on to the Louks Truck, specializing in gourmet Greek to go. 
We of course tried the Strawberry Louks, which I didn't really love but my friend did, and the...

Veg Falafel Gyro.



And our last stop was the Bakery Truck for a cupcake that we said we would save for later but that didn't really happen.
PB&J and Red Velvet cupcakes.  I had the PB&J and it was amazing.  The best peanut butter cake I've ever had and I am a fiend for peanut butter anything.  However the red velvet was a tad disappointing.
So after we were sufficiently stuffed we partook in some good ol' fashion candle making at Pure Light Studios at the Irvine Spectrum. 


But candle making is no joke folks.  It requires lots of planning, which scent do you want? do you want to put any cha chas in it? what color wax should you chunk up in it?  What size? What shape?  The options are endless.  A girl can go mad trying to decide.  






No comments:

Post a Comment