Tuesday, July 24, 2012

DIY- Uses for olive oil



If you've read my last blog post about the honey, lemon face scrub you know that I am REALLY into DIY, especially with beauty products you can find in your pantry.  My latest obsession is olive oil!  You don't have to break the bank and buy a pricey brand, for my beauty uses I just by the cheap store brand and it really goes a long way. There are so many uses here are just a couple.:


 Mix with sugar to create a lip scrub for smooth and moisturized lips.

 I do so much to my hair, such as using heat products and coloring it, that I often find it damaged.  Applying a little bit of olive oil to the tips at night will leave it shiny and help prevent split ends by moisturizing the hair.
 
It can also be applied to your nails and cuticles and is a wonderful replacement for cuticle oil that leaves the skin moisturized and the nail shiny, it looks like you just had a beautiful manicure!

* Some other helpful uses not pictured are applying it before shaving to prevent razor burn as well using it to help you remove eye make-up.  It is basically a wonderful go to product.

No comments:

Post a Comment